Guided by instructions of the Honorable President, in order to hold elections in some districts of the country of early retired deputies of the Mejlis of Turkmenistan, members of velayat, etrap, city Halk maslahaty and Gengeshes, which will be held on March 31, 2019, by this day there were registered 284 national observers.
The procedure for appointing and registering national observers, as well as their rights, is regulated in accordance with Article 6 of the Electoral Code of Turkmenistan.
Analyzing the final data of the qualitative composition of national observers registered to date:
- of these, 60.56% are men, 39.44% are women;
- by age: 29.23% to 30 years, 27.46% from 30 to 40 years, 23.94% from 40 to 50 years, 19.37% citizens over 50 years old;
- by education: 48.24% with higher education, 40.14% secondary special education, 11.62% with secondary education;
- by employment sectors: 3.17% industry and construction, 0.35% transport and communications, 9.15% agriculture and water management, 25.71% science and education, 5.63% culture and art, 5.99% health care, 0.70% social security, 1.76% finance and economics, and 47.54% people working in other sectors of our economy;
- by nationality: 96.83% are Turkmen, 3.17% are Uzbeks.
Among the registered national observers are 68 from the Democratic Party of Turkmenistan, 25 from the Party of Industrialists and entrepreneurs, 35 from the Agrarian Party of Turkmenistan, 60 from the trade unions of Turkmenistan, 23 from the Union of Women of Turkmenistan, 44 from the Youth Organization of Turkmenistan named after Mahtumkuli, 29 from groups of citizens.
During the election campaign, the number of national observers will increase. These will be added by national observers from registered candidates.
National observers, observing the holding of elections in accordance with the law, play a huge role in the conduction of elections in our country on a democratic basis.
Chief specialist of the Organizational department of Central Election Commission for holding elections and referendums in Turkmenistan, member of the working group for work with National observers of the Central Election Commission.